Thursday, February 2, 2012

Blah, Blah, Blog

I've been putting off creating a blog. Not sure my life is interesting enough to write about. A friend suggested I just write about what I do every day, and my "adventures" in shopping. Well, I do shop. Much to my husband's dismay. I love to search bulk trash, garage sales and thrift stores for cast-offs to salvage, collect or repair. You could say I'm in the "search and rescue" business. Like helping the dove with a sprained back in our driveway and the stray kitty that lived on our porch for years... and people, too.
Collecting is another thing I do. I collect dolls, vintage eyeglasses, clothing, old pictures, purses and textiles. I started selling some of these treasures on etsy. Check out my shop to see those finds. If you ask my kids "what is your mom's job?", they answer "etsy" or "shopping". Guess they are right!
So, the common themes I see here are rescuing, salvaging, repairing and collecting. Everything deserves a good life, a new life and a chance to be saved. I think that will be what my blog is about, my adventures in salvaging, repairing and collecting and what happens along the way.
Last weekend, my daughter and I shopped at The Gypsy Wagon flea market. She's learning the art of the flea, and documented some of her favorite finds. Best was a black rotary dial phone. She fell in love with that phone, exhausted after dialing a seven digit number.

No comments:

Post a Comment