Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day-After

Yesterday was Mother's Day, and I'm not proud of myself.  The kids made cards, drew pictures and the husband did the dishes.  Oh, he had a card, too.  But somewhere between the cards and sitting down to read the Sunday paper, I turned into a grizzly bear.  To be honest, the kiddos were arguing over nothing and the husband was smacking his cutie.  I actually put in earplugs to drown them out.  Not proud, I said!

Yet, as the day wore on, and we attended church and lunch, things got better.  Three Bellinis at lunch helped, along with a 2 hour nap.  I awoke refreshed, and ashamed of myself.  For isn't Mom's attitude the litmus test for the entire family's attitude?  I mean, "if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy?".  So, I decided to get happy.  See, we have our health, our happiness, our family, three cats, two grammas, a fine house, transportation.  We don't have a flesh eating bacterial disease, a masseuse claiming my husband propositioned him, a Facebook scandal, an "I Survived" story.  This is the time to be happy and thankful for all we do have and don't have.

In reflection, I loved my Mother's Day because it helped me realize that, though my life is far from perfect, it's just about perfect for me.  My husband has teeth to smack with, the kids have each other to fight with, and I have my earplugs if I ever need them.  That's all that matters.

2 comments:

  1. You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and share your information to us.

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister! We have all been there--earplugs and all :)) LUV the blog; great idea. As they say, Whatever you think about, and thank about, you bring about.

    ReplyDelete